Garage Spring Cleaning
During the winter, the garage often becomes the storage unit for everything from lawn and garden equipment to holiday decorations. As the weather warms, give your garage the attention it deserves.
Here are a few garage spring cleaning tips to get you started:
- If you dread spring cleaning, the best way to start is to empty out the garage. Sort everything into designated areas.
- Make a list of the items you want to keep. Note where in your garage you plan to store these items. This might include a storage bin, workbench, or wall hook.
- Clean your garage’s cement floor with an old mop or broom. Wipe down the garage walls. Clear cobwebs from lights, corners, and ceilings.
Don’t Forget the Garage Door!
After months of snow, wind, and freezing temperatures, your garage door may not be in the same condition it was in this time last year. The genuine, original, Overhead Door™ garage door systems are built for long-lasting performance and daily use. However, we recommend inspecting your garage door annually.
Overhead Door Company of Waterbury™ can give you a thorough evaluation. We perform routine maintenance, as needed. Your local Overhead Door™ Company of Waterbury™ can spot any mechanical issues. There are still a few things that you can do.
Here’s a quick checklist:
- Check all the moving components of the door mechanism to make sure that none are bent or broken.
- Use a soft cloth and household detergent to remove any rust, dirt, or residue from your garage door.
- Carefully examine and make note of any cracks or gaps that appeared during winter months.
- Check the weather seal at the bottom of your door. If broken, your Overhead Door Company of Waterbury™ can help you find the best replacement for your door.
Schedule an Annual Maintenance Inspection
Contact Overhead Door Company of Waterbury™.
Tags: Garage Annual Maintenance, Garage Organization, Garage Spring Cleaning